PPSN 2020 & IEEE COG 2020 - GVGAI Learning Competition
Organised by Hao Tong1, Yang Tao1
and Jialin Liu1
Steering Committee: Jialin Liu1, Julian Togelius2,
Diego Perez-Liebana3 and Simon M. Lucas3
University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China
2 New York
University (NYU), USA
Mary University of London (QMUL), UK
This GVGAI Single-Player Learning Competition is organised at the Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN2020) and the IEEE’s 2020 Conference on Games (CoG2020) .
More about the GVGAI competitions can be found here
Documents about GVGAI framework
- A paper on IEEE Transactions on Games: General Video Game AI: a Multi-Track Framework for Evaluating Agents, Games and Content Generation Algorithms. -- by Diego Perez-Liebana, Jialin Liu, Ahmed Khalifa, Raluca D. Gaina, Julian Togelius, Simon M. Lucas.
- A Morgan and Claypool Book: General Video Game Artificial Intelligence -- by Diego Perez-Liebana and Simon M. Lucas and Raluca D. Gaina and Julian Togelius and Ahmed Khalifa and Jialin Liu.
Only one ranking board will be used for two conferences.
- Due to the long training time, the GVGAI server won’t be used for training your agent. Please train your agent using your own machine or server.
- Only the trained model is required to be uploaded.
- Games' Name:
- Training Levels: Level0 and Level 1
- Validating Levels: Level2, Level3 and Level4
- The training levels have been embeded in GVGAI framework. The testing levels will be released after the competition.
You Can Generate Levels by Yourself to Train Your Agent By VGDL!
Download and set up the new GVGAI-Gym framework on your machine/server.
Docker: We have prepared the
Dockerfile to help you set up the environment. Link
Program your agent and train it
- On as many games/levels as you want
- Using as much time as you want for deciding an action per game tick
- Using as much time as you want for training
- On the training levels given by us
- Unknown levels of the same games will be used for validation.
- You can find the script used for validating in this webpage.
- Zip your trained agent.
- Submit your agent to the competition.
- Submission will be opened From 23:59 (GMT), February 17th, 2020 To 23:59 (GMT), July 31st, 2020